11.01.2005

~empieza~

“I’m going to be honest.  I really don’t want to let you do this, Gali.  We’ve already talked about why, and I know you understand what I’m saying.  But there’s nothing I can do to prevent you from forming this.... this club without being biased, so I’m not going to do that.”  His fingertips were neatly lined up on the shaft of his pen, his thumbs maintaining the balance.  Aside from three dusty paperweights and a computer, the pen was the only thing on his desk.  Apparently vice principals didn’t really have much to do during the day, aside from being anal retentive, and unreceptive to new ideas.  “I just want you to know that I’m going to have Mr. Rhodes keep me updated on everything you’re doing.  And if anything....if anything funny starts to go on, I think you know what will happen to your club.”  The vice principal suddenly broke into a warm grin.  “Well, then!  That wasn’t so bad, was it?!”  His black name placard glittered ominously as though someone visiting his office wouldn’t already know his name.  Mr. Kozicki  “After this, you just need to coordinate your activities with Mr. Rhodes, who will be advising you.  I know that you know how hard it was for us to find a teacher who would agree to be your advisor, so please try to make things easy on him.”  He stood up, stretching his hand across his broad, nearly empty desk to grasp Gali’s hand.  He held his tie against his chest with his left hand, as though letting it hang freely in midair would somehow offend her.
     By this point, Gali’s lips were almost white, set in a firm line.  “Thank you, sir.  I appreciate your….efforts and your willingness to listen to me.  I don’t expect we’ll need to speak with each other again any time soon.”  His eyes didn’t narrow at all, but the wrinkles at the corners tightened.  
“Well, Gali….I certainly hope not.  But we’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we?”  Gali gave a curt nod, accompanied by thinly concealed contempt.  She shouldered her backpack and left his office.  
Upon reaching the hallway, she crossed to the bulletin board directly across from his office door and stapled a standard-sized flier in an empty space.  Gali figured that she might as well give herself a few moments to appreciate the irony that her first flier would hang defiantly across from the man whose skepticism had nearly disallowed her effort to try to start a club in the first place.  All she could do now was wait for the next week, until she would find out if anybody else in the school wanted to join her.

Paranormal Research Team

Interested in ghost hunting?  Please come to our informational meeting!
Friday, October 13th
3:00 pm, Mr. Rhodes’ room (Room 214)

Any questions, please see Galinne Dochvorst


Music used to write this post: Houseki, Ballad – Le Portrait de Petite Cosette OST    

4 Comments:

At 2/11/05 8:04 AM, Blogger Gretchen said...

I particularly enjoy the ominously glittering signage.

 
At 2/11/05 9:27 AM, Blogger mystickeeper said...

*giggles*

Oh, adverbs, how I hate thee!

They'll be the first thing to go on December 1st.

 
At 21/11/05 6:31 PM, Blogger Louise said...

Very cool. I'm looking forward to reading this. :)

The main character sounds like she'll be very cool.

 
At 21/11/05 10:27 PM, Blogger mystickeeper said...

Yes, but is she the main character? I don't really know. In my mind, all five of them are about the same. She just happens to be leader of the club. But since I don't know what's going to happen....I guess we'll see! :O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home