I am still alive; hopefully the story is, too.
It has been far too long since I have written in here, and I aim to change that. My goal is to work on this story every day. Even if it's not posting chapters here, then at least writing scraps of ideas down, organizing the plot sequence, or doing some characterization notes.
My first goals will be to tend to this blogspot page, making any necessary changes and possibly writing a few posts regarding the setting. I also need to reread everything I've written thus far, including some scenes I've written but haven't posted yet because they are out of sequence (I'm really excited about some of them!).
This story is still definitely considered in-progress. I fully expect my act of rereading all of it to be extremely painful, because I will hate it and want to rip it apart and rewrite it. However, I'm sticking with my original plan, which is to keep writing until it's done. Even if it is a poorly-written mass of scenes that are completely out of order made up with inconsistent characters, I will still have a finished project. Plus, I think that the whole rewriting process would be much more fun, and probably healthier - instead of spewing crap, I would be polishing my raw ideas.
Anyway, I also have a random story that I found interesting. Today when my mom and I were walking from the driveway to the house, she pointed to some warm-colored sandstone-type blocks that we have in front of our porch that surround some decorative rocks. She said, "Those blocks are from when your father lived in an apartment in Milwaukee. He used them as, you know, as a bookshelf - had boards resting on top of them to make a shelf." This was exciting; if you will remember, the kids' advisor Mr. Rhodes has the same makeshift bookshelves in his house. Maybe fate or something is tryin to prod me along here!
Music Used Whilst Writing This Post: Country Road (violin version) - Whisper of the Heart OST

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home